Friday, February 09, 2007

marriages and death

In yahoo news today: Two pigs wearing tailor-made wedding outfits "tied the knot" in a ceremony attracting hundreds of well-wishers at a small town in northeastern Taiwan.

And two PEOPLE who are the same sex cannot be married?

I haven't posted in awhile and actually I am procrastinating. I planned to spend this time working on my monologue for "The Vagina Monologues".
I do plan on posting more often.

Yesterday Anna Nicole Smith died from what looks like an overdose. Everyone and their grandmother have something to say about this so I'll keep my thoughts brief.
I was really struck by her mother's comments about how she warned Anna Nicole to be careful who she hung out with and that she did too many drugs.
This is the mother of a woman who, when barely a woman, was a topless dancer and married/ pregnant at a very young age, a mother of a woman who in her early 20's married a man in his 90's, a man she made "happy" when they met at a gentleman's club. A woman who changed her name to become someone else. I don't know what her relationship was with her mother but I have a feeling her mother is a big part of all the factors that occured and shaped Anna Nicole's life and her untimely death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so true...