Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My clothes got their feelings hurt

Yesterday I schlepped with a bag of clothes on the L over to hipster central intending to sell them to Beacon's closet and then I figured whatever BC didn't take I would take over to Buffalo Exchange where according to Carrie they'll take any old thing.
Well they don't take any old thing. As a matter of fact I didn't sell one piece of clothing. The hipsters that worked in these places were like ewwwww!
All I wanted to do was to unload some of my crap and make room for some new crap, plus I thought I'd take the money off the clothes I sold and buy some new ones so no new money was being spent. Unfortunately that didn't happen and I spent money buying a couple tops for work (in the uber trendy meat packing district).
After shopping I had lunch with Giscard who was taking a sickie. He coughed a couple of times to ensure me he was in fact sick and not just playing hooky. Then I raced home to get ready for my date w/ finance guy.
We met up at this book exchange in a bar I planned on earlier to go to and who was the bartender/server but my old crazy roommate who still owes the ex boyfriend money for the con ed. I should have stiffed her considering how many times I had to listen to exboy complain, but finance guy (who was casually dressed) paid. Next time. After 2 glasses of wine and exchanging books (I brought Lucky by Alice Sebold and Reading Lolita in Tehran and picked up a book about a young girl who has her jaw removed b/c of cancer- Autobiography of a Face by Lucy Grealy and also I got Run With the Hunted by one of my fav.'s Charles Bukowski and FG got a book about coyotes or something to do w/ history. I'm unsure) we left for dinner in the uber trendy area I just mentioned but not so bad on a Monday, unless you are going to Pastis, which we did and were informed by the hostess that it would be an hour wait. Yes, 1 hour on a Monday. The place was crazy, you would think that Pastis was giving the shit away. Anyways, I suggested we go to the lesser known and unpretentious wine bar across the street, Paradou for wine and cheese whilst we wait. Once we got back to Pastis for dinner I ordered the lamb and the only reason I mention this is I didn't eat meat for 3+ years until recently when Nick's cousin Gina went all out and made a New Orleans feast and I caved like a crack fiend over her gumbo and the andouille sausage and have been eating meat like crazy since; burgers, steak, chicken wings, fried chicken, bacon... tons of bacon, but no lamb until last night. I have to say I was more impressed with the beans and carrots on my plate. The lamb was OK, but when you wait an hour on a Monday it should be sheer brilliance. Over-rated.
After dinner we had another drink somewhere else, a Key Lime Martini, which was yummy.

And today I feel like this-

In total I drank:
2 glasses of red at book exchange
1 1/2 glass of red at Paradou
1 glass of Lillet and 1 glass of red at Pastis
1 Key Lime martini wherever

Total= 6 1/2 drinks which may not sound like alot if you're name is Lindsey Lohan but that was the perfect concoction to turn me into a bit of a floozy.

Just a wee floozy, I don't know how much I like FG. He's a republican for goodness! I can't talk about it.

No comments: